Engineered Hardwood floors, like Solid Hardwood, add a beauty and warmth to any home that is hard to match by any other type of floor covering. Never out of fashion, they add real value to the home. With a wide range of species and colour choices available, Engineered Hardwood flooring can be just what your house or condo needs to make it feel like home. Amazon Hardwood carries a vast assortment of prefinished Engineered Hardwood floors in hundreds of stain colours and styles in both domestic and exotic species from all over the world. Sizes range anywhere from 2 1/4″ to 6 1/2″ wide planks.
What do you need to know about Engineered Solid Hardwood?
- More resistance to higher moisture levels than solid wood flooring, which adds to their appeal to use in damp basements
- Can be sanded one to three times like Solid Hardwood for a longer lasting floor
- With every box, you will receive assorted lengths for great looks and quick installation
- Exceptional durability and lasting warmth to any room you add it to
- An Engineered Hardwood floor minimizes allergies and increases the air quality by eliminating trapped dust particles, irritants and allergens that typically occur in other flooring options.
- Installing solid hardwood flooring is an excellent long term investment that will increase the value of your home and if you go to sell, result in you getting higher prices at time of sale.
- Most Engineered Hardwood floors can even be installed over radiant heat flooring systems!
Engineered Hardwood Flooring is as flexible as Laminate on where it can be placed but has the beauty and finish of Hardwood. This type of flooring is extremely stable under varying humidity conditions and can be installed in all levels of a home including basements. It can be installed over wooden subfloors, concrete, and pre-existing ceramic and linoleum flooring. Most Engineered Hardwood flooring is also completely safe to put over radiant heat systems. Some Engineered Hardwood flooring comes with a click mechanism system that allows for an easy installation. Others use the Tongue & Groove method that Solid Hardwood uses and can be nailed or stapled to a subfloor in just the same way. When an Engineered Hardwood floor is installed using the click mechanism system, it is referred to as floating floor. The only thing you need under this is underpad and you are good to go.
Care for your engineered hardwood floor is the same as a solid hardwood floor. Start by giving your floors a regular sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming. Food and drink spills can easily be cleaned by wiping them up in a timely manner. Periodic cleaning using a suitable eco-friendly hardwood floor cleaner combined with a terry cloth/micro fibre cloth mop is also recommended. Terry cloth/micro-fibre cloths are machine washable and therefore reuseable. Do not mop your engineered hardwood floor with a fully wet mop. Excess water directly applied to your floor may permanently damage it. Do not use water or vinegar to clean your engineered hardwood floors. Do not use furniture polish or wax on engineered hardwood floors. Do not use any detergents that are not made specifically for hardwood floors.
To prevent scratches, felt protector pads should be used under all furniture. When moving furniture, remember to lift and not drag. For heavier furniture, use felt pad protected castor cups to help spread the weight and prevent dent marks on the engineered hardwood floor. Do not walk with high heeled shoes on engineered hardwood.
Following this advice will ensure that you will be enjoying your engineered hardwood floor for many years to come.