Hardwood floors add a beauty and warmth to any home that is hard to match by any other type of floor covering. Never out of fashion, hardwood floors add real value to the home. With proper maintenance, these floors can last a lifetime! With a wide range of species and colour choices available, installing Hardwood is the most convenient choice for home owners. Amazon Hardwood carries a vast assortment of prefinished hardwood floors in hundreds of stain colours and styles in both domestic and exotic species from all over the world. Sizes range anywhere from 2 1/4″ to 7″ wide planks.
Manufacturing of hardwood floors has improved dramatically over the years and today’s hardwood floors are more durable and adaptable to different types of living areas within the home. Today’s hardwood floors also come in a much wider selection of colours, wood species, and widths. Besides the classic North American hardwoods (like red oak, white oak, maple and ash), Amazon Hardwood offers exotic hardwood species from all over the world. Exotic hardwoods allow homeowners the chance to better express their own personal decorating tastes with a more unique looking floor.
What do you need to know about Solid Hardwood?
- It is typically installed by nailing or stapling it into a wood subfloor
- Solid Hardwood can be sanded three to five times for a longer lasting floor – even lasting up to 100 years!
- With every box, you will receive assorted lengths for great looks and quick installation
- Exceptional durability and lasting warmth to any room you add it to
- A hardwood floor minimizes allergies and increases the air quality by eliminating trapped dust particles, irritants and allergens that typically occur in other flooring options.
- Installing solid hardwood flooring is an excellent long term investment that will increase the value of your home and if you go to sell, result in you getting higher prices at time of sale.
Start by giving your floors a regular sweeping, dusting, and vacuuming. Food and drink spills can easily be cleaned by wiping them up in a timely manner. Periodic cleaning using a suitable eco-friendly hardwood floor cleaner combined with a terry cloth/micro fibre cloth mop is also recommended. Terry cloth/micro-fibre cloths are machine washable and therefore reuseable. Do not mop your hardwood floor with a fully wet mop. Excess water directly applied to your floor may permanently damage it. Do not use water or vinegar to clean your hardwood floors. Do not use furniture polish or wax on hardwood floors. Do not use any detergents that are not made specifically for hardwood floors.
To prevent scratches, felt protector pads should be used under all furniture. When moving furniture, remember to lift and not drag. For heavier furniture, use felt pad protected castor cups to help spread the weight and prevent dent marks on the hardwood. Do not walk with high heeled shoes on hardwood.
Following this advice will ensure that you will be enjoying your hardwood floor for many years to come.